We have an immediate need to hire an accomplished Application Architect to join our financial services team in Herndon, VA.
Your future duties and responsibilities
In this role, you will apply vast experience of system architectures, application technologies, data architectures, and infrastructures to support key IT initiatives. You will apply their knowledge of IT best practices appropriately to define IT solutions. You must possess the ability to analyze solutions and technologies and recommend modifications based on knowledge of the organization’s current and future needs.
The architect will be responsible for, but not limited to: reviewing business and technical requirements, focusing on solution development throughout the project lifecycle, supporting development and testing activities, evangelizing best practices and proven patterns, and escalating architecture issues and concerns. The architect will manage and promote the use of corporate IT standards, serve as a subject matter expert to projects and provide support for project team members. Additionally, the architect will create architectures and designs, will conduct peer reviews, and will develop target state architectures.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- At least 10 years IT Industry experience
- Experience defining current and target state architectures, transition architectures and roadmaps
- Background with Enterprise Architecture frameworks like TOGAF, DoDAF, FEAF etc
- Some experience using Architecture Modeling tools like Mega, IBM System Architect, Troux, Rational Software Architect etc
- Extensive experience with hands-on Java design and development
- Experience implementing Java open source frameworks (i.e., Spring, Hibernate etc.)
- At least 5yrs implementing both RESTful and SOAP web services using JEE stack
- 10yrs solutioning for projects implementing agile and waterfall methodologies
- Exposure to the review project architectures and solutions
- Extensive experience with relational databases such as Oracle and SQL Server
- 5yrs with application servers and containers such as JBoss, Tomcat, WebLogic, Oracle Application Server
- Experience with TIBCO suite of products (EMS, Business Works, Business Events)
- Background selecting and integrating COTS solutions
- Ability to perform optimizations such as improving scalability, availability, throughput, failover, etc.
- Exposure to BPM, distributed caching, cloud technologies
- At least 5yrs leading architecture efforts that requires close collaboration with project teams
- Ability to work with both senior management level executives and development teams
- Excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- Professional demeanor.
- TOGAF Certification
- Mortgage Industry knowledge experience
- JEE Certification
- Tibco EMS, BW, BE knowledge or certification
- VMware knowledge or certification